LUX® Platemaking Process
|MacDermid's LUX® platemaking process offers printers the opportunity to print like never before. LUX, an innovative process developed exclusively by MacDermid, enables flexo printers to increase print quality, improve print consistency and, at the same time, print more efficiently and reduce waste. The LUX Platemaking Process is made possible by the LUX Laminator and a specialized membrane supplied by MacDermid.|
The LUX process produces a digital plate with a unique dot profile from a 1:1 mask-to-plate plate imaging process. The bump curve associated with digital plates is effectively eliminated.
This simple process works with existing digital plates from MacDermid, can be used with all flexo lasers, and does not require modification to existing equipment and does not reduce the overall plate throughput. It is backwards compatible, so printers can still produce legacy work via the standard digital platemaking process.
LUX News & Events
- The cover of the October issue of FLEXO magazine was printed using LUX at Publishers Press. Publisher's Press was chosen as the printer because they were the recipients of the 2011 FTA “Best in Show” award for their “Alpinist” magazine cover. The job was printed on a Mark Andy Press because they were co-winners of the 2011 FTA Technical Innovation Award, alongside LUX. And finally, the LUX process was applied to MacDermid Digital MAX plates.
- In May, 2011, MacDermid LUX received the FTA Technical Innovation Award.
- In March, 2011, MacDermid LUX was the recipient of the FPPA Technology Innovator Award.
- In 2011, MacDermid's Global Director of Innovation conducted a Webinar entitled “LUX Technology Enables Better Flexo Print.” More than 200 attendees logged in live for the Webinar and more than 300 have viewed the webinar archive.
LUX Press Coverage
- October, 2011: FLEXO Magazine. EXCELLENCE & INNOVATION: Award-Winning Printer, Press, and Prepress System Put To the Test.
- August, 2011: Corrugated Today. RE-SHAPING FLEXO POST-PRINT
- March, 2011: Flexo & Gravure International. THE LUX PLATEMAKING PROCESS: BEST OF BOTH WORLDS
- November, 2010: FLEXO Magazine. LUX TECHNOLOGY ENABLES BETTER FLEXO PRINT
- November, 2010: Package Printing Magazine. DOTS DO IT RIGHT
- June, 2010: FLEXO Magazine. GOING 100% DIGITAL: CSW WORKS WITH MACDERMID TO ENHANCE WORKFLOW
LUX White Papers
- MACDERMID LUX IN THE CORRUGATED POST-PRINT MARKET
- THE EFFECT OF MACDERMID LUX ON THE SOLID INK DENSITY ENHANCEMENT OF ESKOARTWORK'S MICROCELL SURFACE PATTERNING TECHNOLOGY